Tuesday, May 1, 2018

No More Important Meeting

When Griff announced over FaceTime that he wanted to learn to tie a tie I was, in all candor, a little annoyed.  I am attempting to write new positioning pieces for two of our brands and was having a difficult time getting my frame of mind right to write.  95% there and the phone rings.  The temptation was strong to blow him off.

But what can be more important than helping a young man trying to look his best for an interview?  How many 20 year-olds would even think to wear a tie to an interview for a customer service job helping baseball fans find their seats?  Griffin did and so, I think, he deserved my best effort.  Five minutes later we had a tangle of silk resting uncomfortably around his neck.  "Business casual and I'll teach you tonight."

There will be no more important meeting I have today.

2 comments:

  1. no more important thing! yes,there is a lot each of us needs to attend to each day. but arguably very few of them will help a young man remember his dad more than learning how to tie a tie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truer words were never written.

    ReplyDelete