Thursday, February 27, 2020

Frozen Sun


The sun shines bright in the Georgia sky
Bright as any summer morn
A gentle breeze passes
through the trees I see
Through the window.
But a step outside, a snap of cold
And I am shaken
from my slumber.
It is still February and he
is still gone.
Taken from us in a moment
That stretches to eternity.
The sun through the glass
lulls us into forgetting
that it is yet winter
the ground yet frozen.
like our memories of him
before they fade.
And shiver as I may,
I hope summer never comes
lest my memories thaw and he
become more distant, less real.
I prefer the raw, biting wind
that reminds me I am here
That he was here
Just a few short days ago.

5 comments:

  1. This one hit home. I don't want to pry, but I hope you're OK. Loss and grief can sometimes take more of a toll on us than we initially think. For me, grief counseling helped a little. Made it easier to handle those intrusive thoughts of "could I have done more" or "how do I make sure I don't forget her face or voice" along with letting me realize it was ok (if not necessary) for ME to move on. Milage may vary. Wishing comfort for you, either way. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts my friend. Lost my Dad 4 years ago this Monday, so your words are perfectly timed, and very well written. All my best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of all of you and sending my love and hugs dearing this time of loss.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your North Dakota family is grieving with you across the miles, and praying God will provide the strength and comfort needed to get you through this time. Love to all!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always Sean. My thoughts are with you my friend. Jiwan

    ReplyDelete