Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Just This



Just this.

God is found in the interruptions. And this whole crisis has been one giant interruption. Have we found God? Or have we spent the entire past several weeks simply annoyed by our kids, our cramped quarters, the worry, anxiety, the new normal, the President? Okay, we is me.

Just this.

Just this moment. Just this call. Just this problem. Just this conversation or I will never find Him at all. Look inside. He's there, waiting for me to stop and find...

Just this.

He's in front of me, in the person I'm looking at.  Can I see that Joe or Sally sized slice of God standing there?  He's there, waiting for me in my next conversation.   Can I hear His voice? Am I willing to listen carefully enough?  Will I reply with God's voice, through me?

Not my words, Lord, but yours. Not my will, Lord, but yours.

Just this.

1 comment:

  1. In the deepest silence of suffering is a disconnect from all around. In that silence, the word is clear and present to those who listen.

    ReplyDelete